Terms and conditions for using website
By accessing the first100years website (website) and uploading your photo/s to the website, you agree to be bound by, and abide by, these terms and conditions (Terms).
- Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise indicated, we (and/or our third party licensors) own the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the text, graphics, information, designs, data and other content on this website. While you may browse or print the content for non-commercial, personal or internal business use, you must obtain our prior written permission if you would like to use, copy or reproduce any part of this website for any other purpose.
- You grant us and all of our partners involved in the first100years celebration (including, but not limited to, participating law firms, the Law Society of New South Wales and the Women Lawyers Association of New South Wales) (collectively, our partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence (including the right to grant sub-licences) to:
- access and view;
- use and reproduce;
- download, store, publish, display, communicate and share; and
- modify and adapt the content and format of,
the photo/s you upload to the website for the purposes of the first100years celebration.
- The licence granted above includes a licence for us and our partners to provide the photo/s you upload to an artist working with us to create a photomosaic artwork, and to other third parties in various first100years initiatives, as well as in relation to the creation of other products (such as books and articles) relating to women in law.
- You understand that the photo/s may:
- appear online (in which case they may be accessible to users from all over the world);
- appear in print, electronic or video media; and
- enable readers to visually identify you.
- You voluntarily, unconditionally and irrevocably, to the fullest extent permitted by law, consent to us and our partners, or persons authorised by us, or our partners, doing, or omitting to do, with respect to the photo/s, any act which would otherwise infringe my moral rights in respect of the photo/s.
You unconditionally and irrevocably release us and our partners from and against any claim, monetary or otherwise, by you, arising out of our or partners’ use of the photo/s or the manner (whether changed, composite, blurred, etc or altered intentionally or unintentionally) in which the photo/s are used.
- Exclusion of liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for all direct, indirect or consequential liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, downtime costs, loss of profit, loss of or damage to reputation, loss under or in relation to any other contract, loss of data, loss of use of data or loss of anticipated savings or benefits), whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, suffered or incurred by any person, in connection with or in any way relating to this website or any content and/or services provided or made available through this website.
- We may change these Terms from time to time.
- If a provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, it may be severed from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms continue in force.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the New South Wales, and you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- Although Australian websites may be accessed outside of Australia, we make no representation that the content complies with the laws of any other country. If you access this website from outside Australia, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with your local laws.
- These Terms are the entire agreement between us on its subject matter and supersede any previous arrangements, agreements, representations, understandings or statements (whether verbal, in writing or in some other format)